How to Apply for Housing
Update on Applications and Availability for Upcoming Semesters
Fall 2021: Campus housing this fall will not be restricted as it has been the previous year. The Housing Application for the 2021-22 Academic Year is now open and available for any student on their Housing Page on UAOnline. Occupancy will return to normal capacity, filling private bedrooms in most suites and apartments.
For information on how to access your Housing page on UAOnline, see the steps below. Once you've completed the appropriate form, Residence Life staff will follow up with you on next steps.
Requirements for Living in UAA's Residential Community
Students must be enrolled in a minimum of nine (9) credits each semester in the fall and spring semesters for undergraduates and three (3) credits each semester for graduate students in order to live on campus. As the Residence Life community is a scholastic environment, resident students are expected to make academic progress throughout the school year.
At this time, UAA does not have family housing.
How to Apply
Students can access online housing applications through UAOnline
Steps to apply:
- Log in to UAOnline
- Choose Student Services and Account Information
- Choose Campus Housing, Dining and Post Office
- Choose UAA Campus Housing and Dining
- From your Housing Self-Service page, click on the Applications and Forms button and choose the application or form for the semester you plan to enter housing.
- Once you pay the application fee and deposit, your application will be complete
Availability of housing applications on UAOnline:
- Early applications for an upcoming academic year open in Late February/early March.
- Late applications for an upcoming academic year are available after August 1st.
- Applications for spring semester open in October.
- Applications for summer sessions open in March.
Application Fees and Deposit
All students must pay an application fee and refundable* deposit at the time they apply for housing.
|Non-refundable Application Fee for fall applications submitted on or before August 1||$60|
|Non-refundable Late Application Fee for fall applications submitted after August 1||$75|
|Application Fee for spring-only or summer-only housing||$60|
Students must uphold the terms of the Housing Agreement in order for the deposit to be refunded.
Once a student has moved into the UAA residential community, they will have the opportunity in the spring to renew their Housing Agreement for the following academic year during the annual Intentions Period. If students renew their agreements, they do not need to pay the application fee or deposit again and housing deposits will roll forward each academic year that the student resides on campus. If students do not renew their agreements during the Intentions Period, they'll need to reapply for campus housing and pay the application fee and deposit again.